Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Okay, I lied. Plus, win a free book!

I'm being pulled in a lot of different directions right now and I've been feeling tremendously guilty about not updating the blog regularly. So I decided to go on a short blog hiatus and give myself permission to let that one thing go for a bit. However, as evidence of how chaotic things are right now, I completely forgot that today is the release day for... *drum roll*...


HOORAY!! THE SHADOW READER is finally on shelves!! I had the opportunity to read an early version of THE SHADOW READER (back when it was titled FISSURED, in case any of you recognize it by that earlier name) and people, let me tell you: this is a seriously great book. In fact, I've read a few early versions of it and I still can't wait to download it to my Nook and read it again. It's that good.

Here's the description from Sandy's website:

There can only be one allegiance. 
It’s her time to choose.

Some humans can see the fae. McKenzie Lewis can track them, reading the shadows they leave behind. But some shadows lead to danger. Others lead to lies.

A Houston college student trying to finish her degree, McKenzie has been working for the fae king for years, tracking vicious rebels who would claim the Realm. Her job isn’t her only secret. For just as long, she’s been in love with Kyol, the king’s sword-master—and relationships between humans and fae are forbidden.

But any hope for a normal life is shattered when she’s captured by Aren, the fierce and uncompromising rebel leader. He teaches her the forbidden fae language and tells her dark truths about the Court, all to persuade her to turn against the king. Time is running out, and as the fight starts to claim human lives, McKenzie has no choice but to decide once and for all whom to trust and where she ultimately stands in the face of a cataclysmic civil war.

THE SHADOW READER has something for everyone - action, romance, humor. I really can't recommend it enough. It's one of my top reads for 2011.

So! Are you itching for a copy yet?? Leave a comment on this entry letting me know one of your top reads for 2011 (or whatever else you'd like to say) by the end of the day Friday, 10/28, and I'll draw one winner. Open to anyone, anywhere.

Back to my regularly scheduled blog hiatus. ;)

No comments: