Friday, February 17, 2012

Random Updatery

I'm eating croutons as a snack right now. Is that weird? I think that's weird.

Anyway.

I apparently have to resign myself to the fact that my blogging is simply going to be sporadic. *le sigh* I have the best intentions, really I do. For now, other things continue to worm their way ahead of my LJ on the priority list. I am trying to keep tabs on all of your blogs, though, even if I don't always have time to comment. :)

I started a new project. I feel like I have multiple personality disorder, as I've cycled through several project ideas since finishing TLOS but there it is. I guess, thinking back, I did something similar when I finished B&S. It still strikes me as both strange and wonderful that the things my brain wants to write do not always bear any relation to the things my creative heart wants to write.

I am INSANELY IN LOVE with the new project, though. It's another YA, which is one of the reasons I decided to delay again on the idea I mentioned in my previous post (the old notes), which was definitely adult. Also, the research is FASCINATING! I have two words for you, people: Shaun Ellis. If you can find the National Geographic documentary on him called A Man Among Wolves, watch it. Unbelievable stuff.

(P.S. No, I'm not working on a werewolf book.)

ETA: I meant to point you to this excellent post on Marjorie Liu's blog about how to differentiate yourself as an artist. Really, really great stuff. I've been thinking about it a lot.

No comments: